2008-07-23

Thursday 23 July 1998, 11.00

When it rains all through the Gay Games, I'm going to get masses of hate email from Holland for telling you (again) just how marvellously sunny it is today. Actually, yesterday's Expressen forecasted rain for Saturday, but we'll put that down to mild homophobia and plan for sun.

Today's look is Robert as beach twink (well, about as close to beach twink as I'll ever get), probably in another desperate attempt to get the attention of the guy I mentioned earlier in the week. Anyone who's met me at PridePark knows who I mean. Whether he does is another matter entirely...

Today I'd like to go to the Intergender Café at the EuroPride Conference Centre, and indeed I'm going to be there anyway for some of this afternoon. So maybe the beach twink get-up wasn't such a good idea, but hell, some people have been getting the mistaken idea that I know something about trans issues, so the less credible I look, the better. Actually I just want to see Charlotte Eliasson as Dick Drake. Or so I tell myself.

Today is also the unfortunately-named 'Ethnic' day at PridePark, which means Miss Latin Gay, courtesy of GLIS (Castellano phrasebook packed and ready), and at least one of the Finnish lesbian bands. Though not the famous Iisi 17, I'm informed. Then I have to get back here and to bed early, so I won't be challenging the gender controls at the Girls' Party tonight.

Oh, and I think my camera is finally disintegrating after almost fifty years in service. Which is the most gay-friendly camera shop in town? At this most photographic of Pride events, that shouldn't be too hard a question to answer.

1 kommentar:

Robert Cumming sa...

Iisi 17

Konstigt, en googlning på det namnet ger inga träffar alls. Jag är ganska säker på att det fanns ett finskt dragking grupp med det namnet, men som vanligt minns jag inte mer än det.

some people have been getting the mistaken idea that I know something about trans issues

Egentligen hakade Europride 98 bara på trenden att lägga till B och T i målgrupperna för Pride-evenemang. Men den sommaren var det saker i görningen och man behövde inte vara (som cisperson) speciellt insatt för att framstå som expert. Men nu finns det t-folk i Europrides högsta ledning (t ex SFT) och det känns inte speciellt konstigt. Det är framsteg det.