2008-07-25

Saturday 25 July 1998, 09.25

Today's the big day. We're practising over breakfast by listening to 'Diva' - Chris claims he's never heard it before. I am actually pretty nervous, not so much that my wig will fall of or something (after all, I'm not planning to be wearing a wig), but that it's the culmination of EuroPride '98, this thing that I started working for two and a half years ago and which has turned out to be far, far closer to what I'd hoped it would be than I'd ever dared hope. If you see what I mean.

It's overcast outside, but it looks like if it's going to rain it's at least not going to rain much. So I think we'll be okay. We'll get the next train into town and go and start our job as parade stewards. Hope Spencer won't be too miffed that we didn't turn up at 09.00 like he said yesterday.

Ann sent me a URL which I can pass on to the Swedish-speakers among you: http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/9807/24/x.html - cool that some straight people have been having an odd and wonderful week as well.

Inga kommentarer: